Hi y'all! Welcome to my world. I appreciate you stopping by to find out a little bit about me and my writing. I live in Park City, Utah, way up at 7,000 feet. I live here with my husband, Todd, our three dogs Boo, Teddy, and Sherlock, and our two cats Mittens and Kami. Yes, it's a zoo.
I've worked as a librarian for well over twenty-five years. Obviously, I love books and reading. But what really makes my day is connecting the reader, no matter what age, to the perfect book. Like many librarians, my love for books and reading naturally segued into a love of writing and story telling. And so about six years ago, I began writing children's stories. Did you know there's lots of famous authors who were once librarians? It's true! Beverly Cleary is probably the most famous example. Also, my good friend and Newbery Award Winner, Susan Patron was a children's librarian for many years.
My debut novel THE RING, was published by WestSide Books in 2009. In March of 2011, my middle-grade novel, A DOG'S WAY HOME, was published by Katherine Tegen Books (HarperCollins). The Dogs of Winter (2012) was published by Arthur A. Levine Books/Scholastic
Check for Latest Book News
Click Here for the lastest Book news.
Proud member of the Dog Writers Association of America.
My Favorite Things
- The Book Thief, by Markus Zusak
- Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy, Gary Schmidt
- The One and Only Ivan, by Katherine Applegate
- A Great and Terrible Beauty, Libby Bray
- The Education of Little Tree, Forrest Carter
- Because of Winn Dixie, Kate DiCamillo
- Anything by Cynthia Rylant!
- Godless, Pete Hautman
- Second Nature, Alice Hoffman
- To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
- Lassie Come-Home by Eric Knight
- Wonder by R.J. Palacio
- Little Dog, Lost by Marion Dane Bauer
- Kindred Souls buy Patrica MacLachlan
- Tender Mercies
- To Kill a Mockingbird
- Young Frankenstien
- Lars and the Real Girl
- A Charlie Brown Christmas